I knew I'd be bad at updating this.
I've been in LA for I think 1 month exactly today.
The first 2 weeks I took my time getting situated..mainly just furnishing our place & going to the beach everyday.
The past 2 weeks I have been on the job hunt. So far, I have had 4 interviews & have a 5th on Wednesday. The first 3 places I interviewed at I got job offers on the spot. Now in this terrible California economy it probably would be a safe bet to take 1 of those 3 offers...However, I am not. (Maybe I will regret this later) They weren't positions that would help me move ahead in my career. So I am anxiously awaiting to hear back from the 4th interview..the only job I've interviewed for that I actually want. So we will see - to be continued I guess.
In other news, we got a puppy. She is an Australian Shepherd mix & about 2 months old. She is good about 90% of the time - which for a puppy is a good percentage I would say.
So since I've been in LA 1 month I've been doing a lot of comparing NYC & LA.
I thought I'd share with you my top 10 list of what I miss/love about NYC:
10. Instead of seeing "The Social Network" at AMC 25 in Times Square, you can go to the MET rooftop or MOMA.
9. 8 million people and NYC is actually still a small town...
8. Mani / Pedi's are incredibly cheap!!!!
7. Used clothes cost more than new ones. ( I just like the ironic-ness of this )
6. Every cute restaurant has a great unlimited mimosa or bloody mary brunch deal. And you could keep it going til 4AM. . . not that i've ever done that ;-)
5. You can get ANYTHING you want for cheap, on craigslist - not as easy or cheap in LA that is for sure.
4. Sometimes, it's just funny to point tourists in the wrong direction. ( ok, I never did this..but I was tempted to all the time! )
3. NYC Parks, they are just nicer! - Central Park, Ft Greene, Prospect, Madison Square etc.
2. No other way to say this other than...just look around!
1. You can walk everywhere, preferably in great shoes :)
Ok, that's all for now!