Monday, October 18, 2010

Top 10 Things I miss/love about NYC

I knew I'd be bad at updating this.

I've been in LA for I think 1 month exactly today.
The first 2 weeks I took my time getting situated..mainly just furnishing our place & going to the beach everyday.
The past 2 weeks I have been on the job hunt. So far, I have had 4 interviews & have a 5th on Wednesday. The first 3 places I interviewed at I got job offers on the spot. Now in this terrible California economy it probably would be a safe bet to take 1 of those 3 offers...However, I am not. (Maybe I will regret this later) They weren't positions that would help me move ahead in my career. So I am anxiously awaiting to hear back from the 4th interview..the only job I've interviewed for that I actually want. So we will see - to be continued I guess.

In other news, we got a puppy. She is an Australian Shepherd mix & about 2 months old. She is good about 90% of the time - which for a puppy is a good percentage I would say.

So since I've been in LA 1 month I've been doing a lot of comparing NYC & LA.
I thought I'd share with you my top 10 list of what I miss/love about NYC:

10. Instead of seeing "The Social Network" at AMC 25 in Times Square, you can go to the MET rooftop or MOMA.
9. 8 million people and NYC is actually still a small town...
8. Mani / Pedi's are incredibly cheap!!!!
7. Used clothes cost more than new ones. ( I just like the ironic-ness of this )
6. Every cute restaurant has a great unlimited mimosa or bloody mary brunch deal. And you could keep it going til 4AM. . . not that i've ever done that ;-)
5. You can get ANYTHING you want for cheap, on craigslist - not as easy or cheap in LA that is for sure.
4. Sometimes, it's just funny to point tourists in the wrong direction. ( ok, I never did this..but I was tempted to all the time! )
3. NYC Parks, they are just nicer! - Central Park, Ft Greene, Prospect, Madison Square etc.
2. No other way to say this other than...just look around!
1. You can walk everywhere, preferably in great shoes :)


Ok, that's all for now!

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I like that you're picky about your job. You know that its risky. But life without risk is life without reward. Sweet news on the pupsy. Can't wait to see him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, I love reading about what you've been up to! I can't believe you got a puppy, she is soooooo cute! Was she from a SPCA?

    It's awesome to hear you are enjoying the California weather and amenities lol.

    Miss you lots! Heflin and I went to NYC last Thursday to see Mandy's standup and it felt so strange to think that you weren't there. I kept being like shouldn't I call Jenn? No wait, she is on the other side of the country lol.

    I hope we can come and visit you soon to see the new digs, pup, and cali sunshine!

    Can't wait to read your next post about all the latest stuff in your life.

    Sad to hear about no good brunch...WTF!?

    <3 <3 Henz

    ReplyDelete